By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: JK: Schools in Jammu to remain closed till September 1 due to heavy rainfall – World News Network
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > JK: Schools in Jammu to remain closed till September 1 due to heavy rainfall – World News Network
National

JK: Schools in Jammu to remain closed till September 1 due to heavy rainfall – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 31, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork 18 hours ago
Share
SHARE

Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], August 31 (ANI): The Directorate of School Education Jammu (DSEJ) stated on Sunday that all government and private schools in Jammu Division will remain closed until September 1.
This step has been taken in response to persistent heavy rainfall and landslides that have been affecting the hilly areas of the region.
Earlier today, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah visited the cloudburst-hit Ramban district on Sunday to assess the damage.
He stated that restoration work in landslide-affected areas is expected to take between 20 to 25 days and alternative routes are available for double-sided traffic.
Chief Minister Abdullah visited Marog village in Ramban district, one of several areas hit hard by recent cloudbursts and flash floods.
“The situation is being assessed. There has been incessant heavy rainfall in the past few days. Highway has suffered damage at several locations. We have spoken with the concerned company, NHAI, and the District Administration, and it has been found that we have an alternative. However, in locations where roads have suffered damage due to landslides, restoration will take 20-25 days. But we have an alternate as of now. It has been prepared for double-sided traffic. Areas around Udhampur have suffered massive damage. If that is restored, we will be able to release traffic from here…” Abdullah said.
Further, he said, “The MLA spoke with me yesterday on the phone. I immediately spoke with my officers, and we announced a relief for them. DC and SP reached the spot. Arrangements were made by the Red Cross, too. We will do whatever more is needed.”
The Indian Army, along with Jammu and Kashmir Police, CRPF, UTDRF and other rescue teams, on Sunday launched operations after a cloudburst hit Rajgarh Tehsil in Ramban district, where flash floods affected multiple locations and four bodies have been recovered so far, officials said.
At least four people were killed and one was reported missing after a cloudburst hit the Rajgarh area of Ramban district in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, officials said.
Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha expressed condolences to the bereaved families who lost their lives in a cloudburst and landslide following heavy rainfall in Ramban and Reasi districts.
The LG spoke with the officials to assess the situation and stated that all possible assistance was being provided to the victims.
In a social media post on X, the Office of the Lt. Governor of J-K wrote, “Anguished by the cloudburst & rain-triggered landslides in Reasi & Ramban. Condolences to the bereaved families. Spoke to Senior Officials and took stock of the situation. Rescue and relief operations are underway. All possible assistance is being provided to the affected.”
On Saturday, Deputy Commissioner Ramban, Mohammad Alyas Khan, along with Senior Superintendent of Police Arun Gupta, rushed to the site. The team was accompanied by personnel from the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) and Quick Response Team (QRT).
DC Khan personally oversaw the ongoing rescue and relief operations, with the district administration maintaining a high level of alertness. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

“Amit Shah should take responsibility”: Sanjay Raut advocates for dialogue amid Maratha quota row – World News Network

Delhi: Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya participates in Fit India cycle rally – World News Network

Chandigarh: Chief Engineer assesses situation at Sukhna Lake, reviews damage – World News Network

“Weathered far more serious crises in past”: Manish Tewari slams Trump tariffs, urges Centre not to “bow down” – World News Network

PM Modi inspiring youth through Mann Ki Baat: BJP MP Bansuri Swaraj – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article India to manufacture every component of mobile phones, including Made in India chips: Ashwini Vaishnaw – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.
  • Advertise with us
  • Newsletters
  • Deal
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?